Richard A. Saunders
Email: click here to contact
- Virginia, 1977
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, 1977
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, 1980
- United States Supreme Court, 1992
- College of William & Mary, J.D. (1977)
- University of Virginia, B.A with distinction (1974)
Richard received a Bachelor of Arts degree with distinction from the University of Virginia in 1974 and his Juris Doctor degree from the William & Mary Law School in 1977. After graduation, he joined the firm then known as Furniss, Davis and Rashkind where he has defended civil lawsuits in state and federal courts throughout Virginia for over 40 years. He is listed in The Best Lawyers in America, Virginia’s Best Lawyers, and Virginia Super Lawyers, and has been selected by his peers as a member of Virginia’s Legal Elite. In 2021, he was named by Best Lawyers as Lawyer of the Year in the field of Personal Injury Litigation-Defendants.
Richard has earned an AV® Preeminent Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell® its highest recognition, for his professionalism and ethics.